Tuesday 22 June 2010

Are relationships OVER-rated?

I always want to be in a relationship. Cliche, I know. But when I actually think about it, do I? Or do I like the idea of a relationship? Sure it's great to have a companion. But sometimes people lose sight of themselves in others. In my experience, the relationships I were in were relationshits. Meaning they were shit. They were built on falsity and naivety. And, once again, shit. Bullshit. Things always got too serious too fast. I am to blame just as much as they are. I just don't understand why we get so caught up in relationships especially when we are so young. A real relationship requires work, and most of us seem not mature enough for that type of work despite what we believe. You have to really work on yourself before you can enter a relationship, right? I don't know. I don't have any answers unfortunately. LIke most things in life I feel timing is significant. You both must be in the right place spiritually, mentally, physically... (location-wise, what have you). I just know that I'm looking for something real.

To quote Carrie Bradshaw,

"I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."

No comments:

Post a Comment